We have again been offered the opportunity to distribute robes at the SAIT Spring Convocation for an honorarium. It’s a very worthwhile event. Last year our honorarium was $2900.
This year, the dates are June 12 to 14 with one shift on June 12, two on June 13, and one on June 14 for a total of four shifts.
- Tues June 12 – 11:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Wed June 13 – 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Wed June 13 – 11:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Thurs June 14 – 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Each shift is about 5 hours with a break between handing out the robes and collecting them at the end of the event. Ten volunteers are required for each of the four shifts.
This is a great opportunity for those of you who dearly want to help out but are not crafters: all you need is a good pair of shoes and the ability to read labels. There will be ample time in the middle of the shifts to socialize and meet other UJAMAA GRANDMAS.
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES:
- Busy times will be near the beginning and end of each shift while robes are being distributed and collected.
- During the 2+ hour ceremonies, volunteers should be able to leave for a coffee or a meal on campus or nearby.
- Expect lots of walking (don’t forget your Fitbits) and some light lifting.
- Wear neat casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring reading glasses if you require them as each gown is labelled for a particular graduate.
Please note that times may change slightly. To sign up for your preferred shifts,