BAGS, BABIES & BEYOND is scheduled for October 16 and 17, 2020, and the Handcrafts Committee is cautiously optimistic that BB&B will be held this year. We are committed to making a firm decision by September 1 whether or not to proceed, barring any changes in regulations that require an earlier or later decision. The sale will be scaled down with a different floor layout with all our volunteers behind tables. In order to manage the number of people in the building at all times we are planning timed entry for customers through the use of pre-booked tickets. We are still in the planning stage and will keep you updated as things evolve. In the meantime, there are a number of things to address.
We do need to assess whether we would have sufficient volunteers to run even a scaled back BB&B. This is in no way a firm commitment but please indicate your willingness to participate in an event by answering this short poll here.
Handcrafters, you are probably wondering what to do with all your creations since we have not had in-person Gatherings. For product DROP OFFS, we have arranged to use the parking lots at the churches where we have our Gatherings. Custodians will be on hand to offer assistance but please read these procedures.
- A station will be set up for tagging your products.
- There will be category bins for depositing your tagged products.
- If your items are already tagged, please bring them in a clear bag so they can be seen and deposit them into the correct bins.
- Please sanitize your hands and wear a face covering in case social distances cannot be maintained.
- If areas are crowded, please remain in your car until space is available. Unfortunately, this is not a time to socialize, so please, be prepared to tag and drop your products off in a timely manner.
- For this BB&B only, we are NOT accepting large home decor, crafting or outdoor items such as paintings, rugs, birdhouses, wreaths, wooden trays, etc.
- Contact handcrafts@
ujamaagrandmas.com if you have any questions.
WHAT: SOUTH SIDE DROP OFF
WHEN: Monday, August 10, 1:00 – 3:00 PM
WHERE: McDougall United Church, 8516 Athabasca Street SE
WHAT: NORTH SIDE DROP OFF
WHEN: Thursday, August 27, 10:00 AM – 12 NOON
WHERE: Foothills Lutheran Church, 3104 34 Ave. NW – lower parking lot, northwest of church building
Private Sale of Products
In order to meet the current COVID-19 guidelines, BB&B will be scaled down to allow for social distancing between volunteers and customers. Therefore we are suggesting/allowing handcrafters to make private sales of their BB&B products if they wish. In order to track sales for GST calculations and accounting, each sale must be documented with an official receipt number. Please contact handcrafts@