The owner of the Décor Fabrics Store will be closing her store at the end of November and is planning on donating 75% of the sales to the Stephen Lewis Foundation Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign, www.grandmotherscampaign.org
- We raised almost $7000 at the two weekend sales we held at the store in July of this year.
- There are still many metres of lovely fabric remaining.
- Entry to the Sale will be by Free Timed-Entry Tickets in order to manage the number of people in the building at one time.
- If all time slots are not filled, customers without a ticket will be admitted.
WHAT: November Home Décor Fabric Sale
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 6, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and Saturday, Nov. 7, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
WHERE: Décor Fabrics Store: #6, 3800 – 19th St. N.E. Calgary
To obtain a Ticket: Click the link below to register with Eventbrite:
Nov. 6: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/home-decor-fabric-sale-tickets-126015342281
Nov. 7: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/home-decor-fabric-sale-tickets-126016674265
Please present your Entry Ticket at the door.
- If you reserve a Ticket but are unable to attend, please cancel your Ticket through the Eventbrite website so that another shopper can attend
- Covid-19 precautions will be observed.
- Masks are mandatory, hand sanitizer will be available, Covid Questionnaire Waiver and safe distancing required.
- There will be no cash transactions, Debit and Credit Card only.
We could use a few more volunteers to help with the Sale:
- There are two 3-hour shifts each day (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM). One volunteer is needed at the entrance door and two or more assisting customers and cutting fabric for each shift.
- If you could volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Nov. Sale) with the day and time you would be able to volunteer and a second possibility. Further information will be sent to you with confirmation of your shift.
- Please pass this email onto anyone you think may be interested.
Please check the website for any last minute changes. (www.ujamaagrandmas.com)
Grandmothers Campaign Alberta Virtual Regional Gathering
Saturday, October 24 from 10 AM to 12:00 NOON MTN Time
Join us for the very first Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign Alberta Virtual Regional Gathering on Zoom! Hear from the Stephen Lewis Foundation about how our partners are adapting and supporting their communities through COVID-19, connect with other grandmothers groups in Alberta, share ideas and tips and tricks for fundraising safely, and celebrate the amazing journey of how far the Grandmothers Campaign has come across Alberta!
10:00 -10:25 Group Introductions:
We are asking each group to identify a representative to briefly introduce the group and answer the following questions:
- How many active members does your group currently have?
- What is an example of an activity or event that you have adapted virtually or socially distanced, or if you haven’t had any events since COVID, what is the next activity you have planned?
10:25 – 10:35 Small breakout rooms to get to know each other
10:35 – 11:00 SLF Presentation and Q+A
11:00 – 11:10 Break
11:10 – 11:30 Small Group breakout discussions around COVID and the 15th year anniversary.
- How can we mark and celebrate the 15th anniversary of the Grandmothers Campaign?
- What are your group plans (if any) for the 15th year anniversary?
- Looking ahead and assuming social distancing will be the norm for the next year, what types of fundraising activities or how can we adapt existing ideas virtually or physically distant?
11:30 – 11:45 Share with the group
11:45 – 11:55 Final conversation or any remaining questions.
11:55 – 12:00 Closing remarks
Email Joyce Madsen at email@example.com to RSVP. A Zoom link will be shared closer to the date. Hope you can join us!
FASHION WITH PURPOSE
Tentatively set for Saturday, September 25, 2021 (not September 18 as previously reported). Further information will be provided next year as the planning process occurs.
Thank you all for your support of our Virtual Stride Activities in June 2020. We were able to raise $20,525.00 to contribute to the Stephen Lewis Foundation. The national total raised was $260,000.00, a very impressive amount for the Grandmothers in Africa. Next year we will be participating again.
Click here to view the SLF Stride to Turn the Tide letter.
Look for updates on how to join the team, how to contribute or sponsor participants & our goals.
Hello from the Connections Team! We trust you are well and enjoying these hot days of a real summer in Calgary. Did you know that laughter lowers levels of stress and strengthens your immune system? We can give this covid virus a good challenge!
We have had two successful outdoor lunchtime picnics to reconnect, socialize, and laugh with some of you. And we’re going to host another one!
WHAT: 3rd Summer Picnic in the Park
WHEN: Wednesday, September 16, 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
WHERE: North Glenmore Park – Snowy Owl Picnic Area near the West entrance. There are 2 landmarks in the area, a shelter and a washroom.
Please bring your lunch and chair and join us by sending an email with “picnic” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will be forwarded to me, Diane Price, and I will contact you with any further details.
NOTE: The picnic will also be a great opportunity to bring in any Handcrafts you have ready for the Bags, Baby and Beyond sale. Carol from the Handcraft Committee will be stopping by between 11:30 AM and 12 NOON to pick up any items and to provide tags to anyone who needs them.
See you soon!