It’s that time of year again! We’ve been offered the opportunity to distribute robes at the SAIT Spring Convocation for an honorarium. It’s a very worthwhile event.
This year the dates are June 11 – 13 with one shift on June 11, two on June 12 and one on June 13 for a total of four shifts. Each shift is about 5 hours with a break between handing out the robes and collecting them at the end of the event. Ten volunteers and two backups are required for each of the four shifts.
This is a great opportunity to both raise funds and to socialize and meet other UJAMAA GRANDMAS.
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES
* Busy times will be near the beginning and end of each shift while robes are being distributed and collected.
* During the 2+ hour ceremonies, volunteers should be able to leave for a coffee or a meal on campus or nearby.
* Expect lots of walking and some light lifting.
* Wear neat casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
* Bring reading glasses if you require them as each gown is labelled for a particular graduate.
WHAT: SAIT Spring 2019 Convocation Fundraiser
WHEN: Tuesday June 11, Wednesday June 12, Thursday June 13
WHERE: SAIT, 1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary, Symposium Room, V202, Campus Centre
Thanks for volunteering. We can’t do it without you.