We’ve made it so easy to volunteer for events, workshops and demos. Opportunities to get involved will be posted here as they occur. Simply click on the appropriate link below, complete the form and submit. You will receive a confirmation via email within a week in most cases.
Thanks for your interest.
AUG. SEW DAY
Come along and join in for a day of sewing, socializing and creating for the BB&B sale.
WHAT: SEW ALONG with Elaine, Rose and Dawn
WHEN: Wednesday, August 28 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
WHERE: Along Came Quilting, 6432 1A St SW (right behind the Home Depot on the east side of MacLeod Trail South – just north of Glenmore Trail).
READER ROCK TOUR
The Connections Team has planned to kick off our Fall season with a Tour of Reader Rock Garden followed by lunch afterwards. This lovely garden and cafe are nestled in the heart of the city near the Stampede Grounds.
The Friends of Reader Rock Garden will conduct a tour. The terrain is hilly and on a stone path so there will be two levels of tours available with an option for those who might find the pathway challenging. Please wear sturdy walking shoes.
Advance registration is required so we can inform the tour guides how many to expect.
Some things to consider for the Ujamaa Grandmas for the Reader Rock Garden tour:
- There are two parking lots at the base of the hill and Erlton Stampede C-Train station is directly across from the Garden.
- If there are folks that need Handicap Parking, there are 2 spots available with Permits, behind the Café (accessible via Spiller Road thru Union Cemetery). Additional Handicap Parking is at the lower parking lots.
- We will meet your group at the base parking lot, commencing tours promptly at 10:30 AM.
- Reader’s Garden Café website www.readersgardencafe.ca
- All tours are weather-dependent.
WHAT: Reader Rock Garden Tour and Lunch
WHEN: Wednesday, September 4 at 10:30 AM
WHERE: Reader Rock Garden, 325 25 Avenue SE, Calgary
Registration must be completed by August 15.
PLEASE REGISTER HERE