We’ve made it so easy to volunteer for events, workshops and demos. Opportunities to get involved will be posted here as they occur. Simply click on the appropriate link below, complete the form and submit. You will receive a confirmation via email within a week in most cases.
Thanks for your interest.
VOLUNTEER FOR BB&B
Time to sign up to volunteer during the 2019 BAGS, BABIES & BEYOND extravaganza. We are trying hard to make it easy. Please keep in mind that we will do our best to honour your preferred location but we may have to assign you to another area if needs dictate. We hope you understand.
Below is a description of the various roles.
Volunteers working on the sale floor assist by:
• Helping customers to find specific items
• Modelling items if need be
• Carrying items to the cashiers if the customer is overloaded
• Bagging small items to make it less likely that they will be lost or dropped
• Tidying displays as the sale progresses
• Last shift on Friday will replenish stock at direction of the custodian
Greeter / Receipt Checker:
You will greet arriving customers and hand out shopping bags if they are needed. As customers leave you will thank them for coming to the sale. Their receipt should be visible as bags are marked and stapled at the cash table. It is good time to chat about what they liked or did not like about the sale. Invite them to come back next year.
To volunteer, please sign up HERE
You will be contacted by October 11 with specifics. Please be patient. We promise to get back to you with details as soon as we can. If you have questions, direct them to email@example.com
SAIT FALL CONVOCATION FUNDRAISER
It’s that time of year again! We’ve been offered the opportunity to distribute robes at the SAIT Fall Convocation for an honorarium. It’s a very worthwhile event. Last year our Fall honorarium was $721.50.
This year the date is October 30 with one shift of about 5 hours, requiring ten volunteers. There is a break between handing out the robes and collecting them at the end of the event.
This is a great opportunity to both raise funds and to socialize and meet other UJAMAA GRANDMAS.
<<< PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE >>>
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES
• Busy times will be near the beginning and end of the shift while robes are being distributed and collected.
• During the 2+ hour ceremonies, volunteers should be able to leave for a coffee or a meal on campus or nearby.
• Expect lots of walking and some light lifting.
• Wear neat casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
• Bring reading glasses if you require them as each gown is labelled for a particular graduate.
WHAT: 2019 SAIT Fall Convocation Fundraiser
WHEN: Wednesday, October 30
WHERE: Jubilee Auditorium, 1414 14th Street NW, 2nd floor, near escalators
Please complete all sections of this form. You will know you have successfully submitted your form when you see a message to that effect. You will be contacted within a few days to confirm your schedule.
To volunteer, please register HERE.
Thanks for volunteering. We can’t do it without you.