We’ve made it so easy to volunteer for events, workshops and demos. Simply click on the appropriate link below, complete the form and submit.
You will receive a confirmation via email within a week in most cases.
SAIT SPRING CONVOCATION
It’s that time of year again! We’ve been offered the opportunity to distribute robes at the SAIT Spring Convocation for an honorarium. It’s a very worthwhile event. Last year our
honorarium was $3,700.
This year the dates are June 13 – 15 with with one shift on June 13, two on June 14 and one on June 15 for a total of four shifts.
Each shift is about 5 hours with a break between handing out the robes and collecting them at the end of the event. Ten volunteers are required for each of the four shifts.
This is a great opportunity to both raise funds and to socialize and meet other UJAMAA GRANDMAS.
SAIT – 1301 16th Ave NW, Calgary
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES:
* Busy times will be near the beginning and end of each shift while robes are being distributed and collected.
* During the 2+ hour ceremonies, volunteers should be able to leave for a coffee or a meal on campus or nearby.
* Expect lots of walking and some light lifting.
* Wear neat casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
* Bring reading glasses if you require them as each gown is labelled for a particular graduate.
Please complete all sections of the form. You will know you have successfully submitted your form when you see a message to that effect. You will be contacted within a few days to confirm your schedule.
Thanks for volunteering. We can’t do it without you.
- Karen McManus will share her stash of beads, buttons, findings, old jewelry that needs to be “repurposed”, and ideas for pieces that could sell well.
- Leigh Aquart Leigh Aquart will share her stash of beads, findings, embellishments and coach anyone who wants to try bead weaving (peyote stitch, brick stitch, Ndebele stitch and using a bead loom).