It’s that time of year again! We’ve been offered the opportunity to distribute robes at the SAIT Fall Convocation for an honorarium. It’s a very worthwhile event. Last year our Fall honorarium was $750.
This year the date is October 11 with one shift of about 5 hours, requiring ten volunteers. There is a break between handing out the robes and collecting them at the end of the event.
This is a great opportunity to both raise funds and to socialize and meet other UJAMAA GRANDMAS.
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES
* Busy times will be near the beginning and end of the shift while robes are being distributed and collected.
* During the 2+ hour ceremonies, volunteers should be able to leave for a coffee or a meal on campus or nearby.
* Expect lots of walking and some light lifting.
* Wear neat casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
* Bring reading glasses if you require them as each gown is labelled for a particular graduate.
If you are driving to the site, the best parking is at the Jubilee Auditorium. The price is $10+. Keep your stub and you will be reimbursed. The LRT passes right next to the “Campus Centre” building and you can directly enter it from the station. Since classes are in session, the LRT is your best bet to get to the site.
WHAT: 2018 SAIT FALL CONVOCATION FUNDRAISER
WHEN: Thursday, October 11
WHERE: SAIT, 1301 16 Ave NW , Symposium Room, V202, Campus Centre
Map of SAIT Campus
When you arrive, enter the “Campus Centre” building and follow the signs to room V202 where the robes are being distributed.
REGISTRATION IS FULL.
Thanks for volunteering. We can’t do it without you.