Thank you to all of our members who dropped off items for our sale at the June Drop Off event. It was so great to see the variety and quality of the products donated. The strength of our sale is a result of the diversity of articles that our members create.
Please remember our motto – Make what YOU like. Make what you like to make. like what you make.
For members who would like some suggestions about items to make, please see below:
Here is a list of the items that we need for Christmas and Seasonal
If you are making YARN ACCESSORIES, here are some ideas:
- Mittens – warm (wool, lined, stranded colorwork, tight gauge)
- Socks – wool or natural fibre
- Fingerless Mitts – colorwork, patterned/design element sell well. (Simple – tube with hole for thumb do not sell well)
- Hats – colorwork (example Alaska Hat on Ravelry) fly off the shelf. Hats made with consideration for wind and cold (firm ribbing, cover the ears etc) in the toque category attract more attention. Saltwater Classic newsboy hats sold quickly; unique clothes, etc (would you wear it?)
- Longer Scarves and Larger Shawls sell better than short scarves and shawls. Items made with lovely / luxury yarns sell better than items knit with regular yarns. Spring and summer colours don’t sell as well.