We’ve made it so easy to volunteer for events, workshops and demos. Opportunities to get involved will be posted here as they occur. Simply click on the appropriate link below, complete the form and submit. You will receive a confirmation via email within a week in most cases.
Thanks for your interest.
BB&B 2020 VOLUNTEER SIGNUP
This year some things will be different:
- There is a new open layout to allow for physical distancing.
- There will be fewer volunteers than in previous years and volunteers will be behind product tables and seating will be available.
- All COVID precautions will be in place including mandatory masks and regular cleaning.
- Only 20 customers will be in the building at any one time.
- There will be no pre-shopping but volunteers will be offered breaks during their shift when they can rest and/or shop.
- There will be no food or drink in the building. Please provide your own and be prepared to consume these in your vehicle during your breaks.
We have opportunities for three kinds of volunteers – none of these involves working as a cashier. The Sales Finance Committee has recruited cashiers.
1. CUSTOMER ASSISTANTS who will work in a specific section. Note that, as described above, assistants will be behind product tables.
2. FLOATERS who will be called upon to do a variety of jobs including spelling off the Customer Assistants, greeting customers, registering volunteers, cleaning and volunteer registration.
3. SPARES who will not be assigned but will be available to work with short notice in the event someone must cancel.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL. THANK YOU!
SEW DAY is a members event held the third Wednesday of most months at Along Came Quilting, 6432 1A Street SW, Calgary (This is right behind the Home Depot on the east side of MacLeod Trail South, just north of Glenmore Trail.) Each SEW DAY we spend time getting to know one another, sharing ideas and working on simple projects for BB&B. Kits are usually available and some participants bring their own Ujamaa projects to share and/or complete. Participants bring their own lunch and drink, a sewing machine in good working order and “regular” sewing supplies.
SEW DAY is facilitated by Dawn Bolger, Elaine Peek and/or Rose Besler and, on occasion, other members volunteer to take the lead. This ensures we have lots of variety and this is a great way to share what you know. If you have a project that you want to share and demonstrate at a SEW DAY, please send an email to handcrafts@ujamaagrandmas.
Details for this month’s SEW DAY are in the E-news and the linked sign up form. Space limits us to 14 participants and once the day is full, a stand by list will be created in the event of cancellations. See you there.